Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Spartan Debuff

Right, well this has been triggering me for a while now, and I'm sure the people that play the server see me moaning about it all the time, so I'll just start

The Spartans are to powerful, abuse their equipment, and are all wrong.

But before I go into what to change about their loadout, Ill moan about their ranks

Spartans (III & II) Were both a part of Naval Special Warfare (Dont use Noble Team as an excuse, they were transfered especially and still use Navy Ranks). Initially, The ranks are all correct PO3's and such, all navy, but as soon as Spartans hit officer, they move to Army ranks. Makes no sense. So either make every Spartan rank army, or switch the officer ranks to Navy, got it?

Right. This goes to Vulcan, or Blue, whatever the fuck you call yourself. TRAIN THE SPARTANS NOT TO ABUSE THEIR FUCKING LASER

Every other fucking minute, they're firing it, getting cheap 1 hit kills. So, this is either solved by: 
A)Punishing those who abuse the Spartan Laser and training them when to use it. 
Or 
B) Remove the Spartan Laser from all Spartan jobs completely. Why should Spartans be able to use an Anti-Vehicle laser against infantary, when Marines cant use Rocket Launchers?

Next I suggest is lowering Spartan health. More often than not in events, Spartans run in and tank damage while killing everything, leaving nothing for the marines. How do we fix that? Again, either with training not to with punishments if they do, or lowering their health so that they cannot tank damage.

Equipment restrictions need to be put in place too, Spartans also abuse the Jet-Pack (And yes, I am guilty of using it once or twice in events) to get to places faster than a Marine could, fixing that is simple, just make it a permission only thing, so "Can I use a Jet-Pack Captain Cyrus sir" is said more often, instead of "Fuck you im going to do 2 laps around the map in my Jet-Pack"

-Wash Heart

+1 on removing Spartan laser from Naomi and jetpack
2nd Lieutenant Vulcan 999
Commanding Officer
Spartan III Program

[Image: latest?cb=20090823135310]

Also next time instead of making a forum post moaning about this stuff why didn't you come to me and say, hey I don't like it when ...... uses his spartan laser or jetpack, because you are the first person to ever say anything about it
Commanding Officer
Spartan III Program

+1
Yeah this seems about right
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"
 Winston Churchill

404th Sergeant
Close Quarters Combat 

[Image: 9d28333e6cca63cc28325a0846a68118--wall-p...rs-com.jpg]

What's their health at in comparison to Marines? We get 100H 100A. I believe they get a few hundred. I don't believe they should get anything past Double health (200H). Doubling them helps set the standard, but putting them on god level I.E. 500 isn't right. They not supposed to completely dwarf us.

(Yesterday, 08:57 PM)Donovan Stark Wrote: What's their health at in comparison to Marines? We get 100H 100A. I believe they get a few hundred. I don't believe they should get anything past Double health (200H). Doubling them helps set the standard, but putting them on god level I.E. 500 isn't right. They not supposed to completely dwarf us.

They have 500H 250A, if I remember right. I can see the problem in this, yeah (Oh shit, just realized I was the one to do the jobs kek) Ive also seen a few people complaining about Spartans ruining events due to tanking everything, so much for fear RP and the need for cover. I +1 this

Tbh Spartans are supposed to run into battle and basically commit suicide well mainly the spartan III so wouldn’t Spartans cowarding away and hiding be FailRP? I don’t want to be getting that warn boi
Commanding Officer
Spartan III Program